Unfortunately, not all enterprise resource planning (ERP) projects proceed as planned; in fact, studies show that 50-75% of ERP projects fail or fall short of meeting stakeholder expectations.
Project failures can result from poor planning, gaps in organizational change management, creep in project scope, lack of team alignment and a myriad of other problems.
What are the Critical Success Factors?
Wherever your company is along the enterprise resource planning journey, PCG can help. With almost 20 years’ experience managing implementations of all sizes, we will apply our extensive knowledge base and lessons learned to help recover your initiative.
PCG understands a successful ERP implementation is more than just a technical solution. Our approach considers people, process, and technology while other software vendors and system integrators focus primarily on the technology.
Clear communications, for both internal stakeholders and external vendors, are critical to the success of the project. This includes communication channels at all levels – sponsors, owners, team members, and end-users. Well-defined implementation roadmaps and accurate leadership dashboards are key elements for continuous alignment across the stakeholders. PCG applies a holistic approach to ensure our 30 critical success factors are properly covered:
- Guiding Coalition
- Governance Structure(s)
- Organizational Change Management
- Scope Boundaries
- Program Roadmap(s)
- Stakeholder Dashboard(s)
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Team Dynamics
- WBS Coverage
- Timelines/Confidence Levels
- Financials/Confidence Levels
- Communication Plan
- Change Control Procedures
- Risk/Assumption/Issue/Decision Mgmt.
- Architecture Framework
- ERP Functional Requirements
- Non-Functional Requirements
- Industry ERP Best Practices
- Process Inventories
- OOB Software/Functional Alignment
- Business Process Alignment
- Business Process Change Procedures
- Workflow Automation
- Configuration vs. Customization
- Data Governance/Stewardship
- Data Mapping
- Data Conversion/Transformation
- Data Quality and Cleaning
- Data Migrations
- Permanent/Temporary Interfaces
How can PCG help?
Contact PCG today at 1.800.731.7153 to discuss your ERP Recovery needs and objectives and to schedule your complimentary discovery session.
PCG will review the goals, strategies, and scope of your initiative while working with leadership and key stakeholders to determine the state and health of the “critical success factors”. We perform a gap analysis including actionable recommendations and areas for quick wins.
- Scope – Review or capture the overall goals of the initiative. Validate strategies and scope such as Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Supply Chain Management (SCM), Materials Requirements Management (MRP), Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP2), and Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
- Analysis – Define the current-state and perform a gap analysis across the “critical success factors” through observation, interviews, and work-sessions. Consolidate results for evaluation and recommendation.
- Recommendation – For each gap identified define actionable recommendations. Provide an improvement roadmap and dashboard to track progress across the mutually agreed recommendations.
While helping to ensure continued progress under your current program model, PCG will create an effective and efficient program structure tailored to your organization. We also work with your business and technical stakeholders to review and revise your current program plans and “critical success factor” strategies where necessary. We work to transform your program into a highly functional delivery team.
- Define – Define an overall program model that supports the scope, complexity, and size of the initiative. Create a program structure with clear roles & responsibilities. Develop or revise the communication plan and control processes where applicable.
- Plan – Develop or revise program planning artifacts including scope, timelines, and financials. Ensure strategies are defined for each of the 30 critical success factors.
- Transform – Transition team into the new program model. Execute a stakeholder alignment campaign to solidify the changes and create transparency.
Our best-in-class team members are dedicated to delivering world-class results in a fast and cost-effective manner. PCG will utilize our 20 years of experience to help ensure program success.
- Manage – Oversee and manage the work required (scope), deliver work on-time, deliver work within budget, and manage the “critical success factor” strategies.
- Control – Manage and resolve risks, assumptions, issues, and decisions (RAID) and escalate for resolution, as required, according to the program plan. Manage the change control process to safeguard scope integrity. Perform regular reviews and status updates based on the agreed dashboards.
- Execute – Deliver results per the agreed roadmap. Ensure continuous integration and delivery throughout the lifecycle of the program.