Wherever your company is along the enterprise resource planning journey, PCG can help. With almost 20 years’ experience managing implementations of all sizes, we will apply our extensive knowledge base and lessons learned to help you successfully complete your ERP project.
WHAT ARE THE CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS?
Unfortunately, not all enterprise resource planning (ERP) projects proceed as planned; in fact, studies show that 50-75% of ERP projects fail or fall short of meeting stakeholder expectations. Project failures can result from poor planning, gaps in organizational change management, creep in project scope, lack of team alignment and a myriad of other problems.
PCG understands a successful ERP implementation is more than just a technical solution. Our approach considers people, process, and technology while other software vendors and system integrators focus primarily on the technology. In addition to PCG's expert knowledge of tools such as SAP, Oracle JDE, Microsoft Dynamics, Infor, Epicor, our management strategies and leadership acumen will drive program success.
Clear communications, for both internal stakeholders and external vendors, are critical to the success of the project. This includes communication channels at all levels – sponsors, owners, team members, and end-users. Well-defined implementation roadmaps and accurate leadership dashboards are key elements for continuous alignment across the stakeholders. PCG applies a holistic approach to ensure our 30 critical success factors are properly covered:
- Guiding Coalition
- Governance Structure(s)
- Organizational Change Management
- Scope Boundaries
- Program Roadmap(s)
- Stakeholder Dashboard(s)
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Team Dynamics
- WBS Coverage
- Timelines/Confidence Levels
- Financials/Confidence Levels
- Communication Plan
- Change Control Procedures
- Risk/Assumption/Issue/Decision Mgmt.
- Architecture Framework
- ERP Functional Requirements
- Non-Functional Requirements
- Industry ERP Best Practices
- Process Inventories
- OOB Software/Functional Alignment
- Business Process Alignment
- Business Process Change Procedures
- Workflow Automation
- Configuration vs. Customization
- Data Governance/Stewardship
- Data Mapping
- Data Conversion/Transformation
- Data Quality and Cleaning
- Data Migrations
- Permanent/Temporary Interfaces